Wednesday 24 November 2010

The Festival of V

Peace


Right so... because I have been so stupendously busy and haven't had time to update (lazy) I can't really remember the order of events from V fest, so I'm going to make it up a bit.

First of all we spent half of Friday setting up camp... This was a very stressful task for me to do (esp with my boyfriend) as I like to take control and constructing this tent was particularity hard because of its height and my pocket size! But eventually we got there, thank goodness.

(This is our friend Matt who is happy that the tent is up and the arguing is finished)

The first night everyone got good 'n' drunk and we decided to take a stroll over to the fun fair... I do like a good fair ground ride. I'm not sure what everyone is doing here, looks like they are dancing? To dirty fairground music?... Hmmm

This is where the festival starts and my memory fades, but I know that it begins with all of the boys christening the grounds... Lovely.

We of course had to see Paul Weller - Legend and Woking favourite, he was awesome as per usual. One of the best acts from the festival for me were The White Lies who were just brilliant and absolutely faultless live.

Oh yes, Courteeners... another brilliant set. The bear and I were lucky enough to win some i-tunes festival tickets to see these guys too. But it was great to see them up on the main stage at a festival of this size, right where they belong!


A random band we saw were Stereophonics, I've got to be honest and say I wasn't that bothered about seeing them but I'm so glad we did because they were genius. It was so great remembering how much I used loved them and the happy memories that came with "Have a nice day"


I have loved The Kooks from day one. Luke is just incredible and I can not get enough of his voice, all of their songs are so feel good and always make me smile. But there was some sadness attached with this gig, we hadn't heard the news yet but Charlie, the lead singer of Ou Est Le Swimming Pool had committed suicide the night before and Luke dedicated a song to him. It was quite emotional. We saw them play at The Great Escape Festival in Brighton just a few months back on the seafront. R.I.P Charles.


"I'll meet you at the ice cream van"

The Last act we saw were Kasabian... It poured and poured with rain but we danced and sang along until it was all over.... and sung all the way back to our camp too. In the pouring rain...

I must say packing up day was horrific... the mud was like soup, we had a hell of a job getting everything to the car and getting the car out of the mud! The fun was definitely over and it was time to get back home to our warm beds and have a lovely hot bubbly bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment